Sunday, April 18, 2010

Barbarians and Babes

A new cultural organization called l'Ouvre-Boite Culturel (louvreboiteculturel.blogspot.com) heard of me through the grapevine and had me paint live at their official opening night.

"The Barbarian Chief"
28x40, oil on canvas
2010
SOLD

So ya I made this with live models posing for me in ridiculous outfits with 200 people having fun at this art party. I started around 10pm and called it quits around 3:30am. The models were good man, cause we weren't starving ourselves of any of the party favors that night. We still produced a pretty cool painting, so cool the barbarian himself had to buy it for an empty wall in the cave. The girl at his knees, she's the same girl from the butt painting. Now you can associate a painted face to that painted butt.

There was quite the audience of young women circling around me that night. A lot of them were interested in musing it up and getting painted. I'm still working on some of these paintings... but I'm not gonna touch this little study cause I like it like fine the way it is.


"Emilie study"
16x20", oil on canvas
2010
For Sale

No comments: