Sunday, April 18, 2010

SNAP!

I was a contributor to SNAP! magazine a couple times during 08 and 09. Sometimes I contributed articles but mostly I offered my services as an illustrator. Here's some of the art I made for them. Swing by snapme.ca, the issues are online along with so much more great content..




"Rising stars"
SNAP! magazine, issue 7
24x24", oil on canvas (right) + digital painting
SOLD

Another homage to Frazetta here. I even used his planes. That's my roommate by the way, Francois Boulianne, talented comic, google him. And to the right is another good friend of mine, Jon Ng. After seeing the portrait I made for the article he offered to buy it on the spot. The drawings rotating around his head are taken straight from his animated films!

-------------------


"The Vagabond"
SNAP! magazine, issue 6
16x20" (one head), acrylic on canvas + digital painting
SOLD

The art director thought my red Dylan looked too aggressive, they printed the black & white version. I still like my Bob red.

-------------------



"Agent of Chaos"
SNAP! magazine, issue 4
digital painting

There's something in this piece that most people don't see...
Do you seeee?

No comments: