Friday, April 16, 2010

t-t-t-Tia!

My first muse! I woke up in the first days of 2007 and I was tired. Tired of painting old people with glasses from shitty photo reference. So I had the bright idea to do a search by distance on myspace to find myself some models. I creeped profiles and looked at photos to figure out if i'd want to paint any of these girls lol... I got to Tia's pictures and I was so intrigued by her, she mesmerized me... I had to find out what she was about! I messaged her and sent her my 5 paintings to prove my legitimacy and we met for coffee then we went out for beers after that, and the next morning she was knocking on my door with quiche and a bottle of white wine ready to pose for a piece! Super! That first painting remains unfinished to date, you can see it in theGraveyart.blogspot.com, but these two came out nice I think...




"Money Honey"
16x20", oil on canvas
2008
For sale


This was initially made for an article about the burlesque scene by Tia for FutureClaw magazine, I later added the "money" up top in marker where the title was in the magazine. Money is definitely the best word to have up there for so many reasons. Email me for prices.

------------------



"Snake & Boobs"
24"x24" oil and paint markers on canvas
2008
For sale


Boooooobs! Fantastic ones too..
I painted this for the erotic group show at Usine 106u. I saw this pic that was taken of Tia and I and it looked like my arm was squeezing her but she was all smiles. I had drawn and painted snakes for an Alfa Romeo art car project and figured I would replace the arm with a mean looking snake from a dictionary illustration. I improvised the rest of the snake's body a la Frazetta. It's kind of a weird little hommage to the man. He will remain the greatest that ever was.

1 comment:

Tia said...

HOLLLLLLAAARR!
Homemade quiche & wine makes for some amazing painting sessions, originally in a closet! Good times! FINISH THAT FIRST PAINTING!!!!!
xo